Our Church History

This congregation was formed with three families in 1882. The church began as a mission of the northern Presbyterian Church, joined the (southern) Presbyterian Church (U.S.) and is now part of the reunited (northern and southern) Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).

In April 1927, 137 members (56 “regular givers”) completed the second church sanctuary on this site. It was paid off in 1939.

The current sanctuary was completed in 1973. The Visser-Rowland tracker organ was built and installed in 1977. Livingston artist Rodger Derden created the stained glass windows in 1983.

The 1927 sanctuary (now the Activities Building) was remodeled to create classrooms and offices in 1988.

The First Annual Garage Sale for community outreach was held in 1991. We dedicated our handbells and banners in 1992, and the Memorial Bell Tower was raised in 1995.

In 1996 we renovated both buildings to improve access, reshaped the Handbell Choir loft, added storage and lights, and improved drainage, parking and landscaping.

Our Memorial Gardens were created in 1998. We have renovated our choir room, balcony, and floors.

The drawings of the church were created by member Helen Jones.